Eugene, [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:

>If people report that they have had no problems, it helps to
>downplay the perceived magnitude of the problem and the necessity for
>implementing the solutions.

I agree, but how the report was presented, that is in the context of the
discussion, more informational value than that was implied (assuming at
my end that the poster had read the discussion).
This may have not been the posters intention, but what I wrote was the
way I perceived it. I agree it's risky decoding contextual information,
but it's something we humans do from time to time, especially when vital
information is left out from the message.