My 2+ year old 20 G travelstar hard drive died last week, and I got a 40 G
Seagate to replace it. For the most part the installation went smoothly,
however I've since been having issues where the computer won't wake up from
sleep, so I have to force a restart. We've run norton, disk warrior, rebuilt
desktop, etc, to no avail.

For the record, we created 3 partitions on the new hard drive, copied system
9.1 and my files from a backup into 1 partition, then updated that partition
to 9.2 and installed 10.3 from CDs into another partition. I'm currently
working from the sys 9 partition, want to get that running smoothly before I
deal with OSX.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Seth

PS, thanks to Adam for the recommendation of the Sony CRX820E, I've just
ordered one of these to replace my LG CD/DVD drive that also decided to go
south in the last few weeks.

--
Seth Austen

http://www.sethausten.com