On Sep 4, 2004, at 5:13 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Well, Daystar Technologies, with whom I have done business before (and I live
withing walking distance from) says they can re-flash the ROM; just waiting
to hear what the damage will be...

Craig W.
Atlanta, GA

Now that is some good news. Since Daystar does chip swapping (I believe) on CPU upgrades, I have good faith that they could reflash the ROM.

But this changes the cause of the problem. Since the flash was complete, the flash loaded the wrong data into ROM and caused your problem and why it sat there 'twitching' for 30 minutes. I think this might either be one of two things: You said you shut down the machine first, this might have an effect, or the data used for the flash wasn't properly loaded.

Did you actually shut down the machine at any point?

If you did, then I would wager that caused the problem. If you did a restart, then the fault is in Software Update on OS 9, as it downloaded something with a bad checksum.

Regards,
Adam Thayer