I've bought a 1GB chip from NewEgg.com for $202.50 USD (shipping included),
btw. I put it in and it has been working fine since then. Crucial should be
fine as well. I don't know what is wrong with their chips, though. They
should work if they are really the specs that you mention above. One thing,
though, are they advertised for PowerBooks? The full specs to the one I
bought can be found here:

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=20-155 -111&depa=0

Good luck!

-Laurent.

I have bought RAM from Crucial before because I know I'm getting the right stuff. However, your quote of $202.50 for 1GB of RAM convinced me to check out NewEgg. How do you know what you need to order from their site? (Maybe I'm not even looking at the same product.) I'm not a techie, so I don't know what I need. Maybe I just missed it on their website. Crucial walks you easily through the process. I have a 17" 1.5 GHz PowerBook with the original 512 MB DDR SDRAM (according to "About this Mac"). I am planning to get at least one 1GB stick for now, but if it's $202, I might get the two at once. Help!

Claire