Andrew said this:

>I've carried heavy and/or bulky laptops around as
>well, and based on that experience have settled my
>preferences on the smaller and lighter machines.  Most
>of the time the 12" PB is about right is about right,
>as I like to watch DVDs when I fly, which is far too
>often.

I think that, for me at least, if you only have one machine the display
of the 12" PB is too small. I prefer PB G4 15.2" DVI or later titaniums
and would consider a 17" if my budget could afford it and if I could keep
it my backpack. I don't think the 15.2" are bulky at all and I'm used to
have 5-15 ibs in my backpack anyway (powerbook, baby stuff, grocery
products, books and so on). So when I have only the 'book I don't even
notice it.
For me, the amount of pixels on screen are as important as the
portability of the machine. The 12" is just too small for the work and
fun that I do.

If one have a desktop machine with a 23" cinema display then obviously
the 12" will be a great compliment, but not everyone can afford the
luxury of several machines.

But now I have drifted away from the subject. But so was the 12" PB actually.