The National Enquirer reports at 12:02 PM +1000 10/22/04, Ben Dyer wrote:

>Try inserting the battery into the expansion bay on the other side of
>the machine. It could be that the contacts on one side are dirty or
>broken. You could also try a PMU reset by pressing shift-fn-ctrl-power
>while it's turned off.

My trouble-shooting steps would be in this order:
Try the other bay as suggested above.
Zap the PRAM
Reset the PMU as described above.
Try the same battery in another Wallstreet if you can.
Try another AC adaptor if you can.

If none of the things above help, I agree with another poster, the
unit has a internal PC board problem.

BTW are you sure you have the correct battery? And are you sure you
tried the correct battery reset utility? There are 2 or 3 options,
but only one will work with your PB.

>A dead PRAM battery does not prevent the main battery from being
>charged.

I'm pretty sure this is correct. However, it can take 24 hrs or more
to recharge a PRAM battery that has been allowed to sit uncharged for
a length of time.

>As for the ORiNOCO card, I don't think AirPort supports them under OS 9.

Oops, wrong, wrong, wrong. The Apple Airport software will absolutely
support the Orinoco Gold or
Silver PC card in OS 9.

You can also use the Orinoco software.

Bob
--
If replying privately, please include my name in the To: address, so
that my filters won't send your reply to the trash.