As for the ORiNOCO card, I don't think AirPort supports them under OS 9.

Oops, wrong, wrong, wrong. The Apple Airport software will absolutely support the Orinoco Gold or Silver PC card in OS 9.

You can also use the Orinoco software.

Hi Bob i disagree with this !

If the airport software will absolutely support the Orinoco gold or silver cards in OS 9.
Do you think that the OS on my MAC will please let the cards know as i have to use the orinoco software.

I tried over and over to get the card seen buy Airport and it is a no-go.

specs are

Lombard 400/ 384 ram/ 20gb hdd/ dvd/cdrw/ and Orinoco gold wi-fi card.
the mac wireless drivers work fine for the OSX partition i have also.

vicki