[EMAIL PROTECTED] (gianfranco sciacca) asked:
>following up my previous posts some weeks ago concerning a TiBook with
>a dark display (after a bad "cleaning action"), I have finally got a
>replacement display assembly. My question I hope some tech on the list
>could address is:
>
>I'd like to test quickly if just replacing the display fixes the
>problem (the inverter could be fried as well) before taking the machine
>apart (which I've never done before). Say I connect the data cable to
>the logic board, the backlight cable directly to the inverter
>(bypassing the cable extension), do I risk damaging the display or
>backlight if the inverter is bad? Or is it a test I can carry out with
>no risk?

Well, I can't answer with great authority on this one, I just don't know
all the possibilities.

However, I can say if it were me I'd just go ahead and plug in the new
display and see what happened. Err, but that's me, and I have extra bits
with which to play and the thought of killing an otherwise good display
doesn't dismay me all that much.

That said, I don't think there's much risk in trying it out. I really
doubt a bad inverter will kill a known-good CCFL lamp. That's just my
best guess though, so don't blame me if you burn down your neighborhood
or something!

Sorry I can't be more positive about the answer, but this is one of those
"take-yer-chances" sort of deals.

However, do tell us (or me anyway, am I the only one interested? :-) the
outcome please!

dan k

http://macdan.n3.net/
carracho://dankephoto.dhs.org:9700