Your iBook, the 14" and the Wallstreet all have the exact same amount of
real estate (resolution), its just the size of the dots that is different,
rather than the number of them.

Yes, the 14" screen on my Pismo is more pleasant to look at (from a
distance) than that of my 12" PowerBook, but the 12" is much sharper and
produces a technically better picture, just smaller.

I use the Pismo essentially as an easy chair computer, as opposed to the
small 12" which is a true portable.  Yes the Pismo will run almost 10 hours
on its two batteries, but its just so darn big and heavy that it stays home.

That's just me though, and now I have the best of both worlds, the 12" to go
and the 14" for home use.  If I had to choose only one computer though, it'd
still be the 12".  Actually, I'd take any active matrix PowerBook from the
5300c onward over any desktop if I was limited to just one computer.

Andrew