On Jan 1, 2005, at 2:48 PM, Andrew F. wrote:

Hands never rest on the 3/4" strip of plastic on the sides of the keyboard,

Not true - I looked as I was reading your post, and that's EXACTLY where my hands were - the weight on the outsides of the palms & along the pinky fingers, poised to move wherever on the keyboard I might wish. Very comfortable. (For me, of course, it's 2" on each side, since I have a 17".)

And,