On 25 Jan 2005, at 04:51, Geoffrey Loeffler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Are you serious, good laugh, good..good good laugh..ohmy They wonder why we 17th in the world in education.

You still just don't get it. Why are you personally attacking others? You are the problem. Look at yourself. Look at what you have written in this list. Look at your usage of English. Dylan Moore makes very good points and comments without attacking you or anyone. Also, Dylan Moore's use of English is correct and standard. While you are the one making comments such as the one above.

I do not lie, it's easier to remeber what you said and a moral line I do not cross. Just me.

This I certainly admire and believe to be a moral attribute of the highest order. I commend you on this positive life choice. I also made this choice for myself long ago, as it is better and easier to remember the truth than a lie, and it is better and easier to hurt and heal from the truth than from a lie. Personally, this is why I choose Apple (Steve Jobs' company) over Microsoft (Bill Gates' company). Apple is infinitely more honest and trustworthy than Microsoft. Both are businesses intent on making money, yet Apple cares about it's products, employees, and customers, while Microsoft seems to have no standards, morals, or ethics about how they do business or who they hurt in the process.

Most corporations monitor the internet for sites that relate anything to them. Either through their own security or outside companies. Get too far into the real stuff and they will bight. In fact Apple just sued some site for releasing information prior to their last Mac Fest.

That site officially published and publicly presented secret information that it had no right to do so on its front page, similar to a newspaper or magazine, big difference from discussion groups. That same information had been rumoured, discussed and tossed around in forums, lists, and discussion groups for months prior, yet none of those groups were shut down. Apple or any other company just doesn't have the resources to "patrol" or even roam the millions of various discussion groups on the internet. And ultimately, why would they? Most of the time it is pointless for them. Do you think Apple is concerned about what I am writing to you in this list right now? Come on now, let's be realistic. I can understand a company reacting to harmful publication of information, but trolling for it in discussion groups, that is just unrealistic and paranoid. Now if employees of a company happen to be involved in a particular discussion group on their own time, then that seems realistic and plausible. If I were an employee of Apple, then I'd still be a member of this group, not because I am trolling for subversion, but because I enjoy using Apple products and I enjoy the forum.

but open speech and thought seems to be one of the many things we slowly are losing. It seems so innocuous everyone kinda goes along as it just the way it is today, pass the cheeseburger.

This I whole-heartedly agree with, and seems quite true, unfortunately. The public as a whole does not respond to the tiny little bits of freedom we lose every year. Yet, ten or twenty years on we look up and say, "What happened to our freedom?" I am not personally choosing this loss of freedom for myself, yet unfortunately I am a part of a society that IS choosing this loss of freedom for itself as a whole, like a bunch of lemmings. Everyone I talk with agrees and does not like it, but nothing gets done and every year we lose a little bit more freedom. Turn off that TV! Unplug it, kill it, throw it away! Stay away from fast food! Get outside and exercise! Change your world for the better!

(in Geoff's positive words to you all) Good health to everyone,
-- Scott

"Our deeds and actions determine us, just as much as we determine our deeds and actions." --- George Eliot