Well, I went and got my new 12" PB with SuperDrive this afternoon from the
Apple Store in Pasadena CA.  Actually, I called them earlier and was told
that they only had the 15", so I went to look at it, but the 12" models got
there about an hour before I did.

As I am all finished with school, I thought that perhaps the 15" model would
be a better fit, as I no longer truck my laptop all over the greater LA area
day in and day out, but looking at them side by side, the 12" was just just
so much sexier, and well, I couldn't resist.

Part of it also was the EXTREMELY positive experience that I had with my
previous 12" G4 (1.0 GHz), and while I'm sure that the 15" is just as
reliable and well made, the 12" really fits the way I use a laptop.

So far, I really don't notice much of a performance difference, although my
1GHz book already had a fast 5400RPM TravelStar drive like the new one does.
There are small differences though.  The new scrolling trackpad is very
nice, and only took me about a minute to get used to (no more SideTrack
driver), and the keyboard feels even better, if such a thing is possible.
I'm scoring the keyboard as just production variance, but it is possible
that somewhere in the last two years that Apple may have switched suppliers
or just improved on the design, as the keys are both quieter and a little
crisper in feel, VERY NICE.

Everything else is about the same.  I don't have any BT devices so I can't
test the new BT speed.  I'll install "Knights of the Old Republic" and
"Return to Castle Wolfenstein" over the weekend and I'm sure the difference
of 50% faster processor speed and double the VRAM will make a huge
difference.

In all, I cannot complain.  With my student pricing (they gave it to me even
though I graduated at the end of July) I ended up with a 1.5GHz, 80GB HD,
SuperDrive and AirPort Extreme for the same price I paid for the 1GHz with a
40GB slow drive and the add-on AirPort Extreme card last year.  What a deal!

Andrew