> I've got one.  I liked the fact that it was MUCH less than a car
> adapter for my Powerbook and would work with any device not just this
> Powerbook.
>
> As for warnings, I've found out that mine works much better if I turn
> it off and unplug it before I turn the car on/off.  That just seems
> like a good idea as if there was going to be a power surge, that seems
> like the time when it would happen.
>
> Yes, it's bulkier, but I just stuffed it under the seat.
>
> No problems thus far.

Timothy -

    Any suggestions on what specs to look for?  I saw several today at a
computer store and the wattage capacity varied considerably.

    For the record, I have no plans to power anything the size of a TV, only
to charge up my iPod and G3 iBook.

    E.g., found this at the Belkins site:

The unit simply plugs into any standard, 12-volt DC vehicle cigarette
lighter socket to convert your vehicle's battery power to 110-volt AC
(common household current). Now you can keep laptop computers, PDAs, and AC
appliances powered and operational wherever you go.

€  Powers portable devices using a 300-Watt power inverter

€  Features 2 AC Outlets

€  Converts DC Power to AC power from a cigarette lighter socket

€  Fits all standard vehicle cigarette lighter sockets

€Works well for laptops, portable printers, TV/VCRs, CD players, video
cameras, camping equipment, and other portable devices

€  Automatic overheat shut-off at 150F

€  Low-battery alarm at 10.6V and automatic shut-off feature at 10.6V

€  Overload protection

€  Replaceable fuse included

€  Power LED indicator

€  1-Year Warranty