On 10-Feb-05, at 5:14 AM, Marcin Wichary wrote:

One of the changes in the 10.3.8 update is "an issue in which a PowerBook G4 computer would, on rare occasion, wake from sleep with a black screen and not respond to any keyboard, mouse, or trackpad input." Hope this will resolve the problem that affected some of the people here (incl. me)...

I used to have that "sleeping sickness" with my G3 tower, but I finally zapped...something...and it worked. That was while running Jaguar, though.

My 12" Powerbook would freeze like that if it was asleep and you accidentally pulled the power cord out of the wall while it was still attached to the machine...is this just how they work and you shouldn't do that, an issue with certain Powerbooks, or something weird with my old machine? I don't know if my iBook will do that, too, I'm afraid to check!