Well, I've had the new 1.5GHz 12" for a week now, and must say that the upgrade
was really worthwhile.  The computer is noticeably faster (50% speed boost),
but that
is to be expected.  What makes this a worthwhile upgrade are the little
changes.
Haivng a 5400RPM hard drive is a big improvement (I did the same upgrade to my
Rev B last year), and the new two-finger scrolling is fabulous.

What I like most, however, is the keyboard.  WHen I first bought it I mentioned
that
the keyboard has a different feel and that I made more typos.  As predicted, it
took
me about three or four days to get used to it, and my typos have decreased to
about
my usual number.  What has really benefitted though is my speed.  The action of
the
new keys really is better, with a nice spring in them that makes it easy to
move on to
the next one and know whether or not the key registered.  It actually reminds
me of
the positive action of the old Apple Extended Keyboard 2 (the USS Nimitz), not
that it
feels the same, but that it is equally positive and like the aircraft carrier,
has a nice,
soft key sound as well.

So, there it is.  Of course it still has all of the compromises that the 12"
PowerBook
always had, though that's why Apple offers three sizes.  I seriously considered
moving up to the 15" this time, but I already own a large laptop with an
excellent
keyboard for when I need one, and this machine is meant for travelling.

Andrew