On Feb 15, 2005, at 1:33 PM, Laurent Daudelin wrote:

There is no saying as to when Tiger will be released. Many think it will be
at the World Wide Developer Conference in June. From what I've seen, Tiger
is not ready for prime time yet.

But, if you're not in a hurry and can wait until the beginning of July, then
why not waiting? But then, at that time, rumors of a G5 PowerBook might be
more persistent, so maybe you will want to wait in September to see if they
are finally released. You see, you can always have a good reason to wait...

Then again, I wouldn't recommend getting any .0 release of either hardware (i.e. the first batch of G5 Powerbooks) or software (Tiger version 0) unless you are comfortable sitting on the cutting edge.

Me, I like a .2 release (i.e. Jaguar) for both hardware and software. Sure there are exceptions, but by and large, those who are on the front line end up doing the last little bit of real-life beta testing.

TjL