On 15 Feb 2005 at 14:26, - drive - drift - dream - wrote:

> As far as screen size go, does anyone here have a 14" iBook?  Their max
> resolution is 1024x768, same as the 12", right?  Unless you got it for
> the SuperDrive, why would someone want the extra weight and bulk?
>
> Why can't they make iBooks display any higher resolutions, anyways?

There are reasons for the larger screen at the same resolution, the most
important
being that it is easier on the eyes.  My 12" PoewrBook and 14" Lombard have the
same 1024X768 resolution (I think the Lombard uses the same screen as the 14"
iBook), and while the available real estate is exactly the same, the 14" is a
lot nicer
when working at a desk or reading text.  On the 12", I end up zooming the text
on
most websites and usually have my word documents set to 140% magnification
(plenty of real estate for that), and end up with nice, readable text.  On the
14" I do
the same, mainly out of habit, and end up with giant-size text that is a
pleasure to
read, but looks freakishly large.

The 12" is definitely adequate, but the 14" is just a lot more relaxing.  Of
course, the
price is bulk.

Andrew