Hello all,

I've been having strange power problems with my 4 port USB hub. It's a "Newpoint" hub; generic brand I bought at Costco several years ago. It's never given me problems, until now. I am starting this thread to see if the other opinions here in this list agree with me that it is the hub and not (gulp), my Pismo itself.

Here's the symptoms:

The system boots up fine, and usually there's no sign of any trouble. But then I look over at the hub, which is plugged into my Pismo. This is a powered hub, so it's got an AC adapter which is plugged in. Sometimes, the hub lights are dim. . .indicating not enough power to the ports. Sure enough, I tested this by popping a Zip disk into my USB powered Zip drive, and nothing. . .doesn't work unless it has enough power. So I've jiggled the plug in the back of the hub, and everything powers up as expected, along with the dim indicator lights gleaming back up to their full brightness, indicating proper power levels. Is my hub going bad and/or AC adapter for the hub going bad? Or is this a USB problem in 10.2.8? I ask about the OS X possibility due to the fact that I've never had this issue as common in 10.3.7. I think I'm just going to buy another hub and see if I can rule this out. This is what I have plugged into the hub:

First port:  Epson Stylus C84 Printer  (self-powered)

Second port: Canon Canoscan Scanner (USB-powered)

Third port:  Iomega Zip Drive (USB-powered)

Fourth port:  Casio Exilim Digital Camera (USB-powered)

Anyone have any ideas to restore the power problems or resetting USB issues let me know. . .

Thanks,

Zoltan
THE BLUETOOTH (and WiFi) MASTER