At 10:32 PM -0500 3/12/05, Laurent Daudelin wrote:
on 12/03/05 22:28, Clark Martin at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Which is probably in part why the limit is 127. It's high enough to
 be unlikely to ever be reached in reality.  Too often in the history
 of computers arbitrary limits have been set with the assumption that
 they would never be reached only to be reached and exceeded, by a
 lot.  ie RAM, HD, optical disk size, network speeds, network nodes
 and so on.  But USB is different in that even if one could hook up
 127 devices and get practical use out of them it's just not likely to
 be done outside of a lab or something similar.

Yep, limits to be exceeded. Did anybody remember who said, a few years ago, that nobody would ever need more than 640KB in a computer? ;-)

Or 2,4, 120 Gb. We still haven't run into 200Tb (well at least most of us haven't).
--
Clark Martin
Redwood City, CA, USA