I think guest is a default acct. you can create new ones with different name.

On Apr 26, 2005, at 4:28 PM, Laurent Daudelin wrote:

On 26/04/05 17:26, "Zoltan Batiz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hello all,

The other day I was trying to set up a guest account for other users who would like to use the net for temporary purposes. When I clicked on "new" (the + symbol), and named it "Guest" a dialog box appeared saying there was already a guest account. ?? Am I missing something? Any info would be appreciated. I tried the Mac Help app. but as usual it did nothing for me. I'm running Panther version 10.3.9. Thanks in advance,

That's odd. You could check with NetInfo in /Applications/Utilities to see
if there is really a "Guest" account created. It might be an account setup
by the system, although under 10.3, I was able to create one without any
problem...

-Laurent.
Laurent Daudelin Developer, Multifamily, ESO, Fannie Mae
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Washington, DC, USA

Small Dog Electronics http://www.smalldog.com | Refurbished Drives |
-- Check our web site for refurbished PowerBooks | & CDRWs on Sale! |

Hector I. Macedo "Lord of the Flies"
Dallas, TX 75248

"Piscaro Itaque dicet mendacium"

Then round his hook the chosen fur he winds, And on the back a speckled feather binds; So just the colours shine through ev'ry part, That nature seems to live again in art. John Gay Rural Sports 1720