On Apr 26, 2005, at 8:28 PM, Pacer wrote:

\Geoff and fellow PowerBook-philes,

I would love to do such a thing as suggested above! Alas, unless someone is willing to either donate a Pismo for me to refurbish or the money to buy such a machine, I am left with what I have -- two Wallstreets on the way in various states of needing to be worked on.

Besides, I am in-debt and going off to law school soon, so she is lucky I'm fiscally irresponsible enough to rationalize spending what I have spent on putting together a machine for her. (G)
Oh ya she will get that one ;;

Thanks for hte tip on Virtual PC 5. I will definitely have to keep an eye out for it. Too bad it is not out in retail -- I have about 4 Windows 98 SE CDs and licenses that are currently unused I could put on it, not to mention the 5 Windows 95 licenses and CDs and the two DOS 5 licenses. I could buy the cheap-o no-OS version of Virtual PC.
Also do a post on Low End Swap for VPC, prices tend to be a little cheaper and the possibility of a Mac VPC user may be a tad higher and they may have some speed tips. I shall have some one dig through my piles of boxes and see if my kids left all the parts of VPC 5 from when they needed it in H.S. for 1 semester online class.

Any idea how well Virtual PC 7 might run on a Wallstreet 300mhz with 512MB? Hmmmm....
VPC 5 was barely tolerable on a Pismo and they needed W 98, I am sure someone has work arounds or some ideas to speed things up, but out of the box to a neophyte it was slow.
Good luck

Sincerely,
Pacer