Hi all,

I have a brand new iBook for sale. New as in direct factory unit from
Apple, just shipped to me from Taiwan, package unopened, and the
AppleCare warranty will start the day you get your machine.

The reason that I'm selling:
This is a replacement unit for an iBook G4 933 which has gone under
the knife 3 times.  In the upcoming semester, my courses will require
a PC laptop, so I have to sell this unit in order to accomodate the
course software requirements.

The basic specs:
1.33GHz PowerPC G4
512K L2 cache @ 1.33GHz
14-inch TFT Display
1024x768 resolution
512MB DDR266 SDRAM <== Upgraded from factory
60GB Ultra ATA drive
Combo Drive
ATI Mobility Radeon 9200
32MB DDR video memory
AirPort Extreme built-in
NOT REFURBISHED -- COMPLETELY NEW UNIT

This same unit w/ 256M RAM is offered through Amazon at $1299 shipped
w/ a $100 rebate, and $1199 + tax ($72 - 110 depending on where you
live) through Apple Education. Or $1299 + tax for those who like to
shop retail.

Cost
I will let this unit w/ the 512M RAM go for $1200 shipped w/ full
insurance via UPS 3-Day Select.

Payment/Transaction details
Due to recent mishaps with Paypal, I will no longer be able to accept
paypal payments. Thus only good ol' fashion check or money order will
be accepted.

Since this is a fairly large transaction, I will be open to shipping
to an impartial third party to act as an escrow, and I will be willing
to split up to half of the associated shipping fees.

Local pickup would obviously be best.  This unit is located in Troy,
NY (upstate near Albany, NY).  I will give a shipping discount for
local pickups  ($1150).

Misc
This unit is completely new, with the labels still intact, and I have
not opened it as such. If you would like me to open to inspect, I can,
but only for serious buyers since the warranty will start the day it
is opened -- and if this sits here for a week, then the buyer will
lose a week of warranty. Obviously, any problems will go through
Apple, and I will be happy to assist w/ the process in whatever way I
can.

Tiger
This unit qualifies for a Tiger upgrade. I have ordered the disks (so
you don't have to), and I will ship you the new version of OS X once I
receive it in a few days for no additional cost!!

Please email me directly to minimize spam to the list, thanks.

Simon