Tony Coult wrote:

As the original poster of this question, I may have had a buried memory about mention of the DVD player's unhappiness with external drives, which Luis now revives. Does anyone have direct experience with the Pismo, Panther, LaCie DVD external and Apple's DVD player? Tony
http://www.tony3ts.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

The Pismo will not play DVD+ disks..neither will my 6yr old iMac SE 400..I have a LaCie player/burner hooked up and it will play everything...+ - RW's..It will not boot from the LaCie but works fine after the system is up..Running 10.3.9 now but haven't had a problem w/any lower versions...I wonder if there is a way to make the systems boot up directly from the LaCie and/or a 120gig ADS external drive??? Anyone know how/if this can be done???
Regards,
Mike K