On Jul 19, 2005, at 10:50 AM, Andrew Main wrote:

My 'Pismo' PowerBook's display is starting to show the dreaded pink tinge. It appears whenever the PB awakens from sleep (or starts up), in the lower left area of the screen, and goes away after a few minutes. I remember there has been some discussion of this in the past, but don't recall the details. Anyone have any suggestions? Is it caused by the light bulb, which I understand can be replaced? Can anyone suggest a good source and instructions? Or is it something in the display panel itself?

Andrew:

Dan, the PowerBook Guy in San Francisco, with website at <http:// www.powerbookguy.com>, sells a lot of PowerBook service parts. While I do not see a "light bulb" as such on his Pismo page, he can probably get it for you. If you do not have ready access to the Apple Service Manual for Pismo, with detailed take-apart instructions, please write me off-list.

Fabian