On Oct 18, 2005, at 11:26 PM, Amber wrote:
. . . I have a wireless D-Link DI-524 router and a cable modem. . .
However, I upgraded to 10.4.2 the other day and since then, have not been able to re-establish the connection at all. I have tried everything - unplugging both router and cable modem, checking the settings on both, checking airport etc. Everything seems the same but I still can't get the router to work and am now tied to the desk whenever I want to use the net.

Have you tried changing the channel on the router? Twice I've had to do that, once for my niece's iBook when she first got it, once for my sister's iMac shortly after they got it (don't remember the sequence with the OS upgrades there). I have NO IDEA why it worked, and other Macs on the same networks were seeing the routers fine all along - maybe it wasn't the channel but something that forced to reset - all I know is I did it and it worked.

Anne