On Dec 18, 2005, at 9:34 PM, Caleb Cupples wrote:

I've been talking with my grandpa, whom I converted to a Mac, but he's been complaining of his mini feeling slower than when it was new. I'm speaking from my limited experience with OS X and its behavior but running Jaguar on my Lombard (G3/400, 192 MB RAM) feels more responsive than his Rev. A mini (G4/1.25 GHz, 256 MB RAM) running Panther. Any help?

Betcha he turns it off every night. Run a utility like Cocktail or MacJanitor to flush out the logs and do the daily cronjobs it's supposed to be doing at 3AM.

betcha that speeds things up; when the logs get too big the consume a lot of memory while being written to, and on a marginal system like his, that really affects things.

--
Bruce Johnson

This is the sig who says 'Ni!'