At 12:17 PM -0500 01/11/2006, Michael Cangelosi wrote:
Interesting; with this switch to the beginning of abandoning Classic
(not only booting to OS9 but rather the entire software that runs under
classic) 10.4.X will probably be the last OSX that will include any
support for classic at all.

My instinct is to hope you're wrong. But since Jobs has been known to rip out working software/support for things... You're probably right.

I also wouldn't be shocked if Leopard (10.5) dropped support for a number of older Macs, perhaps even all the G3's.

- Dan.