Zoltan wrote, "Guess I'm heading down to have my Pismo fitted for a tombstone.
I knew this was going to happen, just wish Jobs would slow down...I believe
I've
reached the end of computing altogether.  Once my Pismo is 'officially
unofficial' and is forced into retirement, so will I.  It's
been fun!"

I just don't understand this way of thinking.  I, too, am a devoted Pismo user
and my 9500 is sitting beside me (though I'm writing this on my HP WinXP
machine) running like clockwork with a G3-500/750 and 1 GB RAM under MacOS
9.1 -- it has not been rebooted in so long I don't even remember when I last
rebooted it.  Sure, it was an expensive machine when it was new, but that cost
has been amortized over several years and has been no more than the cumulative
expense of several PeeCees that have rotated into/out of this place in the
interim.

My Pismo still goes with me on travels and I even enjoy responding to the
occasional query, "Why is the Apple upside down?" (I just reach up, start to
close the lid and say, "Looks the right way to me!")  But, in the time I've had
the 9500 and (later) the Pismo, I've bought at least three cars--but I ain't
stopped driving, yet.  Everything comes and goes.  That's life.  My wife wanted
a "desklamp" iMac, then the new iteration, and now, she has decided she wants a
MacBook Pro (I can't win--I use the old stuff, she gets the new stuff...but
that's OK, 'cause when I take care of her, she takes care of me, ;-).

Zoltan...suck it up, dude.  Sell the Pismo for a few hundred $$ and use the
money to offset the cost of a new MacBook Pro--and if the Intels make you yawn,
then get the G4 Powerbook (for the same price) -- you'll still be using it in
2012 running OS X.94.x Pussycat (and my friend, THAT is cheap computing. Try
that with a Dell or even an HP running under XP-Vista New Generation or
whatever
stupid name it will go by!).

I can't wait to buy my next car (or my wife's next Mac!)...and I'm not a rich
man.  That's just the cost of doing business.

rb
San Bernardino

PS Zoltan, your don't need to have your Pismo fitted for a tombstone; our
Pismos
ARE tombstones.  Matter of fact, I think I just figured out how to save on the
cost of a memorial stone to be able to afford my wife's new MacBook Pro.