At 7:33 AM -0700 1/13/06, Bruce Johnson wrote:
On Jan 13, 2006, at 6:38 AM, Alan Miller wrote:

Unless of course you have trouble typing or might be dyslexic and have trouble getting the letters in the correct order, or you live your live with a spell checker running all the time.

Some of us are just that much more visual than others!

That and applying, then fading a gaussian blur on a custom mask of the background elements of your photo is just plain a b*tch on the command line.

Same for layering a guitar track over a drum loop.

And don't EVEN get me started on merging particle effects and a moving matte into a video layer, and adding titles on top of it all.

Gee, I don't think it's all that rare, after all....

Bruce, I'm not arguing against graphics. I do love them. I am just saying that in many instances (and a point of sale system is a great example) they are slower. I am visual, yes. But there are times I just can't get a handle on an applications stock icon in the dock, for whatever reason. I have my finder set up in list view as well, as not only am I visual, but things need to stay in the same place (you should see my frustration when a manufacturer changes the color or design of a favorite grocery store item, I am completely lost LOL).

I entered computers in the days of TI 99-/4A's (and I know that's not "spelled" right, it's been years). Then DOS, then the Mac in '87. But where I can use a keyboard, I will.

Photoshop and Illustrator are for the most part mouse apps for me, for the reasons you listed above. :)

Diane