please forgive me for giving advice.
Thanks Peter... I do know most of these things... over the years I found that holding devices in a static, cramped position (not to many options with a mouse) aggravated the problem. With a big trackball I could actually exercise my hand while working and the arm movements were in a smaller circle.

Sandra Ragan
www.plumdigital.com