> As I said, a few months back people on a list (can't remember which,
> I guess I'm on to many) there was a discussion about how CCC would
> not make a boot drive of OS X.4. It may have been fixed since then.
>
> I tried and it would not boot, it copied data but could not boot. But
> SuperDuper! made me good boot drives. I have duped them on to
> firewire drives and can boot this Pismo from 4 different partitions I
> have on one drive. Did a similar thing with a pocked drive too.
> --
> Alan Miller
>
> > I had no problem cloning my 10.4 startup partition a few times
> > using Carbon
> > Copy Cloner. What problem did you have?

In my case, CCC gave several errors claiming not to be able to copy certain
files (all belonging to the System folder, if I remember correctly). I tried
several times and errors seem to affects random files. I eventually I gave
up and created a Disk Image of the boot partition instead, burned it to DVD
and I am able to restore at will on any partition using Disk Utility.

cheers,
gianfranco