At 5:53 PM -0500 01/14/2006, bobgir2004 wrote:
 > Run CCC from the admin account, after repairing permissions.

 Make sure there are no other apps running.
Dan -

    Small point, but worth clarifying.

Do you mean no other apps running or open?

Running == Open.

Should one shut down everything when backing up with CCC?

Yes.

I usually don't touch my Mac while it's going through its backup
procedure with CCC.

Good.

Would you confirm that this is the correct way to do backups???

Yes.

Each application running has the potential of changing the HD and/or locking files so the backup job totally misses them. That's bad. You want the backup to be as complete as possible.

- Dan.