On 19/01/06 14:41, "sandra ragan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I tried Protected mode but didn't try a different user... it's in
> Admin... I did try changing some of those setting which were not
> working right.
>
> Sandra Ragan
> www.plumdigital.com
> On Jan 19, 2006, at 11:33 AM, Bruce Johnson wrote:
>

>> On Jan 19, 2006, at 10:29 AM, sandra ragan wrote:
>>
>>> Mail is never fixed this way.
>>

>> Missed this bit in your original post.
>>
>> If A&R didn't fix it, this is absolutely a user-level issue.
>>
>> Create a new user and log in as that user, If the problems in the
>> Apple programs go away it's GOT to be something in your user
>> directory, probably corrupted prefs.

I agree with Bruce. Before wiping everything, create a new account (if you
can) and then try to log into that account. IF the problem goes away, then
you have some corrupted file in your own account. If not, then it's a
system-wide problem that most likely only a reinstall could fix. I also
agree with Bruce that, given the cause of the problem in the first place, it
is quite possibly a hardware problem.

-Laurent.