Sorry but that I tried that and it didn't work... several times in several ways... some of the backups I saved are from that procedure.

somewhere I read that not ALL the critical files are reinstalled during that procedure.... and it must be those files causing the problem. TechToolps Pro, Disk Warrior, repair permissions, and PRAM resetting were also run on these drives and eventually came up clean.... but the core problem still existed.

I ran into some problems reinstalling because the drives had been updated with System Update and the installer couldn't write over that version... when it did, the System Update would still freeze, so I couldn't take get back to 10.3.9, where I started.

Sandra Ragan
www.plumdigital.com