On Jan 26, 2006, at 9:09 AM, Howard Katz wrote:

I've got a situation where I'm trying to use the wifi connection in my
'book with a weak base station signal--too much brick and steel in the
way--I can get connected, but it's not stable.

I've noticed that the older dual USB iBook and the 17" Big Al were getting different reception sitting in the same spot.... but the solution wasn't with the machine... I got a better external antenna for my Linksys on the recommendation of a techie and that solved the problem... something about the quality of the signal from better quality hardware than what ships with the unit.

Sandra Ragan
www.plumdigital.com