What kind of base station or WAP do you have? If it has an external antenna, you're in luck. There are hi-gain antennas avaiable, sometimes featured at <http://dealmac.com> for about $10. There are ominidirectional ones and directional. I tried an omnidirectional one first, but since my WAP is at one end of a long house and downstairs, and the place I often use my 15" AlBook is upstairs in a location with some interferrence, that didn't work well enough.

I then got a Hawkings dirctional anteanna and that works much better for me. I also bought an antenna extension cable so I could mount the antenna in the optimal location, high up on a wall downstairs and pointing slightly upward.

Regards,

Harry Corsover
---