Members of the G-Books list,
    We're slowly moving the Low End Mac email lists from Maclaunch to
    Google Groups, which we see as a real improvment.
Google Groups functions as an email list, so if you want to keep doing
    things like you have in the past, that's fine. It also adds a
searchable online archive plus the ability to read and reply to posts
    using your browser. To sign up for the new list, go to
    http://groups.google.com/group/g-books
There are some things about Google Groups that are a bit different, so be sure to read the updated list FAQ, which explains the subscription
    confirmation system and some other features, such as online
    subscription management.
    Dan Knight, listmom

    If you want to have the email come to your currently used email
    account vs a gmail one, send a message to
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

    If you use Dan's link, you're asked to use or create a google
account. Not a problem if you already have an account on their system
    you want to use.  All posts will either stay in the google groups
    area, or be posted to your gmail account.
    If however you want the emails to go to another email address, say
    your own ISP, then you use the  join-by-email address I posted.

Sorry, but I still don't get it.
If I sign up with the first link, I get a digest sent to my current email address. If I sign up with the second link, I get a digest sent to my current email address.
I'm not sure I get the difference.
Before the other posts came along, I clicked on the first link and went into a Google account, which I may already have had, and joined that list.
Now I'm wondering if I should unsubscribe and click on the second link.
I have no idea what difference it makes.
Concetta