On Feb 25, 2006, at 1:15 AM, Frank P. Eigler wrote:

Agreed, attitude *does* matter, but may I suggest it's a two way street.

"BUT" cancels out everything said before it....

It was a succession of belittling comments, an overtly condescending
manner, and the use of derisive sarcasm by the nanny in question towards
listers - behaviour which had only days earlier been explicitly
*prohibited* on the list - which caused me to openly ask if anyone else
was frustrated by these double standards. I have difficulty regarding that
rhetorical query as overtly disrespectful and worthy of being banned.

If I remember correctly (and I have the emails to prove it) I had been talking to Lavode and we were having a laugh together and you butted in. Nobody had been talking to you and you started in.

Contrary to Tim's suggestion, I *do* have a lot of respect for those who
give of themselves in both these and other lists in which I participate
(*especially* the moderators), but it will never be unconditional.

Of course!  :P
Actions such as I described above simply cannot go unchallenged.

Challenge OFF-list. Especially when nobody had been talking to you to begin with!
As I
commented to Tim in a follow-up email, 'setting the example' is by far the
best service that a moderator could provide, and one of the best
guaranntees of 'peace on the lists'. At the risk of being accused of
'kissing a**' in here, I would point to Laurent and Amber as setting
excellent examples. The quality of this list attests to that.

SHOW your respect then, Frank, or you will be banned from this and other lists as well.
--
Tim
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Wear short sleeves! Support your right to bare arms!"