Well, Ian, conventions are difficult to break, and truth be told my own adherence to my own claims and views is practised more in the breach than inthe observance: In Brill's Encyclopedia of Midrash (2005) p 513 you will find a caption Halakha and there you will find me comparing "halakhic approaches" in discussing biblical legal interpretation. Nonetheless, these are simply bad habits and require some discipline to change-- Like using inclusive language, which ingrains an awareness we have. I know what you write is how things are, but we need differentiating language if we are to see Qumran on its own terms and not relative to literatures we know better.

Herb