>>> Kris Tilford replied:
>>> This works for full size keyboards that have Cmd & Opt on both the
>>> left & right side of the Space bar, but many Macs (all laptops) only
>>> have the Cmd & Opt together on the left side of the Space bar,
>>> requiring the use of the right hand to press the Cmd-Opt pair and
>>> the
>>> p with the pinky and r with the index finger.

>> On Dec 6, 2008, at 10:28 PM, Clark Martin replied:
>> Many laptops, not all.  This MacBook Pro has them on both sides.

> On Dec 7, 2008, at 12:55 AM, Jason Brown replied:
> The Command and Option i was referring to anyway was on the left side
> of the space bar :P

In the original posting, you said "then use my right hand to turn on
my machine". This implies you're using your left hand to press the
keys Cmd-Opt-P-R. If you're using your left hand, and the thumb is on
the Cmd-Opt keys, this only works if you're pressing Cmd-Opt on the
right side of the space bar. Now you're saying your Cmd-Opt are on the
left side of the space bar, but this only works for me using the right
hand. The left hand is then free to press the Power button on the Mac.
I don't understand how you could use your left hand thumb to press Cmd-
Opt on the left side of the space bar, and then press the P & R with
your left index (pointer) and pinky unless you have monster size hands
or a tiny keyboard?