I've had 2 Quicksilvers and two MDDs. They are both fine machines,
but there are a lot of quicksilvers (particularly 733mhz) that seem
to develop power supply problems. It is a known problem and you can
find a whole load of people selling "spare" QS cases and motherboards
on ebay as a result.  I have not heard of this problem on the MDD as
of yet, and for this reason, I would suggest the MDD.  I'd go for the
dual processor, but then I do a lot of graphics.