I work in a printing shop and we have a 733MHz Quicksilver that has
been in service since 2001, and it has NEVER developed a power supply
problem. Also, it tends to stay on most of the time. We still use it
to drive a scanner and to run the occasional Classic application when
a customer brings in something they made with "old " software (since
our other two macs are MacPros and, as a result, won't "do" Classic).

Quicksilvers will probably cost you less money, particularly if you go
for a single-processor machine.

The Quicksilvers I have seen all came with built-in ADC graphics. I'm
thinking that ADC might've been phased out by the time the MDDs came
along. The only thing I'd say to "watch" on Quicksilvers is whether
you need "big drive" support (i.e. drives over 120GB). If so, look for
one with a "Revision B" motherboard. All 2002 Quicksilvers have this
board, and some of the '01s (but not all). I think the added support
for bigger hard drives is the only real difference in the two QS
motherboards.