The QS 2002 1 GHz DP is a heck of a good machine. I used one for the
last few years, doing lots of Photoshop and video editing (iMovie and
Final Cut Express), until moving up to a G5 so as to be able to run
Final Cut Studio. I still use it for many things.

 The QS 2002 can do pure OS 9 if necessary, supports three internal
hard drives (no size limitations) and seems just as fast as my G5 for
most tasks. And it's whisper quiet. My wife uses an MDD 1.4 GHZ FW800,
which is also a very nice Mac, but is noisier than the QS, and when it
gets hot, it suddenly sounds like a vacuum cleaner as it cools itself
down. And this MDD (because it has FW800) can't do OS 9, although it
can do Classic.

I have three big hard drives in my QS 2002, and it's never overheated,
even on the hottest summer days.

But the QS can only take 1.5 GB of RAM, while the MDD can take 2.0.
(For comparison, I have 8 GB of RAM in my G5 2.0 GHz).

The QS never seemed to suffer from only having 1.5 GB of RAM, even
with complex video editing, so it's obviously plenty of RAM for most
tasks. The 8 GB in my G5 (it had it when I got it) is overkill. But my
philosophy is that you can never get too much RAM or hard drive space.

Tom