On Feb 20, 2009, at 12:38 AM, lrbarrios wrote:

> Now, about the subject of this post: MDD or Quicksilver.  I kinda
> prefer the look of the Quicksilver over the MDD.  I've read that the
> MDD is nicknamed 'Wind Tunnel', but that there was a firmware update
> that may have fixed that problem.  I'm setting up a little computer
> room in the house and the last thing I need is more noise (except for
> my music) and heat in here.  Currently (I just counted) there are 18
> computers in here (and that doesn't count laptops and the Kaypro II
> 'cause it won't power up right now).  Of course, they won't all be
> powered on at once, but the potential is there.  The G4 might be put
> into service as a server of sorts, so it would be powered on 24/7.

The MDD has cooling problems (well, SOME of them do, perhaps not the
later ones).

The QS do not have such problems.

QS 2002 models come with "large drive support" built-in, as to all
later Macs, including the MDD.

"Large drive support" may be added to a QS 2001 through a script.
Once added, the "large drive support" is "persistent" until the NVRAM
is reset, which may be never.