On Mar 5, 2009, at 11:13 AM, Dan wrote:

> Is it just me or has Apple lost it?
>
> Check out this review of the new Mac Mini:
>
> <http://reviews.cnet.com/desktops/apple-mac-mini-2/4505-3118_7-33541087.html

Ah fer crying out loud, this is their summary:

"While we're still impressed with the Mac Mini's ability to pack so
much into a tight package, Apple can't get away from its PC
competitors that offer more features for less money. If saving space
and the Mac OS are dominating factors, then the new Mac Minis are a
viable option, but your dollar will stretch much further with a budget
Windows desktop."

If the Mac OS is not your over-riding reason to buy a Mac...don't buy
a friggin Mac!!!

This is, essentially the WHOLE %...@%#& POINT!!11!!!! of the entire
Macintosh line of computers.

I don't care if they give it to me for free, a Windows system DOES NOT
MEET MY NEEDS.

A Bugatti Veyron is an awesome, superlative vehicle in a whole host of
ways...and I was given one for free, I'd trade it in on a house and a
car I could actually use.

Moreover, look what they're comparing the Mini to...a desktop from
Acer. A smallish desktop, but a desktop nonetheless. 10.4" (265mm) W x
12.4" (315mm) D x 3.9" (100mm) H

A proper comparison would be to something like this <http://tinyurl.com/5csd3t
 >, which, oddly enuff, sells for about the same price as a mini.

If your clients are happy with Windows, Dan, get 'em Windows. It's
just guaranteed ongoing support work for you...

--
Bruce Johnson
University of Arizona