On Oct 25, 6:35 pm, Stewie de Young <stewies...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Just out of curiosity, why have you connected the upgraded fan to a molex HD
> power connection and not the two pin like the original ?
> The fan itself won't cause the sleep problem but how you have it connected
> just maybe.
> I'm unsure what the voltage is for this - 5V as opposed to 7V ?
>
> Stewie
>
> From: stewies...@hotmail.com
> To: g3-5-list@googlegroups.com
> Subject: RE: Sleep issue on G4 DA
> Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 09:21:25 +1100
>
> Sometimes third party hardware can cause sleep issues ( USB2.0 PCI cards
> being the main culprit with this problem ) so it may be your PL CPU upgrade -
> maybe not.
> I don't think a start button circuit board or fan upgrade would cause this
> although stranger things have been known to happen
> I'd try a PRAM reset first - press the restart button while holding down the
> P, R, A and M keys on the keyboard and wait until it chimes three times
> before letting these go and letting the DA continue on its start up procedure.
>
> Stewie
Hi Stewie,
I had to connect the fan that way because there was no two pin
connector like the apple original. I've had to do this on my G3 also
with no issues.
I've also reset the PRAM. It's command+option+P+R. I've added a FW 400
PCI and it had this problem before I added this upgrade. I've also
replaced the logic board and still have this issue.
I sure hope it's not the CPU upgrade, I don't think I can send it back
now, it's beyond the 30 day warranty. I usually don't set my Mac to
sleep as I almost always have iTunes radio streaming in.

I'll take a look inside and let you know more about the setup. I'm a
little po'd, this is a nice Mac
otherwise. lol!

-Mike