On Oct 25, 8:15 pm, Stewie de Young <stewies...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> DOH - what am I talking about- Command - option P-R - in too much of a hurry !
> The only sleep problems for any of my Macs was the USB2.0 card as I already
> stated and the only time I replaced a main fan was in my Sawtooth and that
> was from another so it went straight in.

Odd, but I've heard of that problem before. Was the card listed as
compatible with Mac?
My G3 has a MacAlly PCI USB. I just ordered a PCI USB for the G4 too,
it's an Iogear 5 port.

> If you still have the original fan you could cut the connector off and
> transplant it onto the new one.
> That would probably stop the fan problem but I am unsure of the display not
> waking from sleep.
Forgot this one at first. Good question. I could, I think. Or could I
replace the connectors of the new fan into the 3 pin of the new fan?
And what about the third wire? (Yellow)
Also, I'll try the old fan altogether again to see what will happen
first.
Thanks!
-Mike