What is the cheapest functional SATA card available for use in a MDD
DP1.42GHz system to run SATA DVD drives? I already have a Seritek 1V4
installed and running my hard drives, but the 1V4 is NOT designed to
run SATA DL DVD/RW drives like the TSST SH223S drive I have recently
purchased. I tried running the DVD burner off the Seritek card, but
although it is recognized, it is effectively non-responsive. Pressing
the eject key on the keyboard eventually opens/closes the drive tray,
but takes a very long time. The drive may function using Disk Utility/
Burn, but does not work under Toast 7.13, with or without a Patchburn
profile. Firmtek-Seritek says the 1V4 does not support optical drives/
devices, only hard drives.

I was hoping a cheap SYBA or SIIG SATA controller would do the trick,
but haven't found a definitive answer. Hope someone here can help.

Ross