On Nov 16, 12:03 pm, Ross <olfec...@digizip.com> wrote:
> I ordered the SYBA PCI-X model SD-PCXSA2-2E2R from mwave, and am
> waiting for it to show up. I will report back on whether it actually
> works for ATAPI devices, or not. If it does, I may have a Seritek 1V4
> to sell.

Here is the procedure to reflash the SD-PCXSA2-2E2R card firmware to
the Base (non-RAID) firmware version 6.4.09. You must use a Windows PC
booted in DOS mode from a MS-DOS Start-up floppy, or CD, with the
flasher and the firmware binary in the root directory. You can also
create an autoexec.bat file for the DOS bootable disk that loads on
start-up to auto-flash the firmware. Here are the files you need,
follow the instructions carefully:

<http://www.siliconimage.com/support/searchresults.aspx?
pid=27&cat=15&os=0> 6.4.09 BIOS

<http://www.siliconimage.com/docs/UpdFlash_v336.zip> DOS flash utility

<http://www.siliconimage.com/docs/SiI3124_2.0.3_Sil_Pkg.zip> Mac base
drivers

Use Windows XP Format command to "Create a MS-DOS Start-up Disk" (DOS
bootable floppy disk)

-----------------
Dear Customer,

Thank you for your inquiry. Please insert the card into a Windows PC
with a 32-bit or

64-bit PCI slot.

Please download the SIL3124 flash utility and firmware from here:

<http://www.siliconimage.com/support/searchresults.aspx?
pid=27&cat=15&os=0>

UPDFLASH.EXE <http://www.siliconimage.com/docs/UpdFlash_v336.zip> is
the FlashROM utility.

(Real DOS mode only).

B6409.BIN <http://www.siliconimage.com/docs/3124_6409.zip> is the
SIL3124 non-RAID

firmware.

1. Please copy the two files above to your DOS floppy bootdisk.
2. Insert the SIL3124 card into your system and make sure there is
SATA hard drive attached

to the card.
3. Boot up your system to Real DOS mode. (You will need the DOS
bootdisk in order to bootup

to Real DOS mode.)
4. At DOS prompt, type UPDFLASH.EXE B6409.BIN -ID3124 [Enter]
5. Follow the on screen instructions to upgrade the BIOS. This process
will take about 5-10

minutes. Do NOT reboot or shutdown the computer before the update is
finish, otherwise you

might damaged the flashrom.
6. Once complete, shutdown you computer and insert the card to your
Mac PCI-X slot.

After that please use the NON-RAID Mac OSX 10.4.9, 10.4.10, 10.5.1
driver here:

<http://www.siliconimage.com/docs/SiI3124_2.0.3_Sil_Pkg.zip>.

1. Decompress the zip file by double clicking on it.
2. Launch the SiI3124_2.0.3_Sil_Pkg.
3. Press continue and accept the license.
4. Select your startup drive as the install destination volume.
5. Push continue and the install button.
6. Type in your password to complete the installation.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any further question.

Best regards,
Poh Chu
poh....@us.syba.com
Syba Support Team