----------  Original message  ----------
Subject: Re: G3 B&W powers up, but no sound and no video
Date:    Donnerstag 07 Januar 2010N
From:    Kasey Smith <kasm...@gmail.com>
To:      g3-5-list@googlegroups.com

> On Jan 6, 2010, at 6:49 PM, Paul Stamsen wrote:
> > I run 10.4.11 on mine, but it's been upgraded to a G4 and has 1 GB
> > of Ram.
>
> Me too, except for the G4 CPU, mine still has its G3/400MHz and runs
> faster then my mom's 2.6GHz Dell running winXP ;)

I've now also updated to 10.4.11 (using my G4 QS, because the G3 doesn't have
a DVD drive). I've 512 MB of RAM installed (4x 128 MB). I will not invest
money on this one, so this will remain -- unless some relative or friend of
mine gives me his old computer as a gift, with - oh, such a coincidence: 4x
256 MB PC100 DIMMs...

Tiger startup is loooong. Once up and running, it is quite usable. At least
for office tasks (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and internet surfing (Firefox).

BTW, I love OnyX! I just deactivated Dashboard, since I never ever use it and
this saves additional startup time and RAM.

Yap, I can very much recommend Tiger for an old 350 MHz G3 Blue and White
Yosmite SmirfTower...

Andreas  aka  Mac User #330250